A flared baseball glove is essential for any player looking to take their game to the next level.
While it may seem like a simple task, there is a specific process that needs to be followed in order to ensure that the glove is flared properly.
In this blog post, we'll walk you through the steps of how to flare a baseball glove, as well as explain why it's important to do so.
How to Flare a Baseball Glove
- Start by soaking the glove in water for 30 minutes. This will soften the leather and make it easier to work with.
- Next, use your hands to spread the fingers of the glove apart. You can also use a pair of pliers if the leather is particularly stiff.
- Once the fingers areSpread apart, tie them together with string or fishing line so that they hold their shape.
- Allow the glove to dry overnight, then remove the string or fishing line.
- Finally, use a ball or your fist to break in the gloves by working it into all of the nooks and crannies. This will help ensure that the glove keeps its shape once you start using it on the field.
Why You Should Flare Your Glove
- A flared glove provides a larger catching surface, which gives you a better chance of snagging those fly balls that are just out of reach.
- A flared glove also makes it easier to scoop up ground balls, as you won't have to worry about them slipping through the cracks between your fingers.
- Flaring your gloves also helps preserve their longevity, as it prevents them from getting misshapen and worn down over time.
Flaring your baseball gloves is an essential part of proper glove care and maintenance - not to mention, it provides a number of benefits on the field as well!
By following the steps outlined above, you'll be sure to have a well-flared pair of gloves that will help take your game to the next level.
And don't forget to check out our top shelf picks of the best baseball gloves out there. Tap below to find the best baseball glove for you!